Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my blog, a special place where my mommy and daddy can share me with you. Mommy made this site so she could write about me, show off lots of pictures of me, and tell you all about the things I'm doing. She sure does love me a lot. We hope you won't forget to leave a comment when you visit. Mommy loves to know you were here. Thanks for visiting.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

First Field Trip

Today, was an exciting day for Luke. He went on his very first field trip with his class to the pumpkin patch. He's not quite ready to ride the bus yet (loves to look at it, but doesn't want to ride it), so he went compliments of the "mommy-bus". He wasn't quite sure what to think about this interruption in his school routine and it was pretty cold outside, but overall he did pretty well. He didn't really care too much about the pumpkins... he'd much rather look at the trees so he kept wandering off in the wrong direction where the big trees were. Trying to steer Luke with his walker in the direction he's supposed to go can be pretty hard on the back. I'm worried poor Ginny (Luke's para) and Shari (Luke's PCA) are going to end up hunched over permanently. At the end, he was quite ready to get back in the "mommy-bus" and go. And it probably didn't help much that he had gotten up for the day at 4 AM.

Luke spotted an apple tree.


"But I wanna go that way!"


Luke and his best friend.

Luke and his class have a photo shoot with their new pumpkins.





"Are we done yet?!"


Back in the "mommy-bus"... everything's a little better now.


Back at school, Luke is checkin' out the bus.


Don't let the picture fool ya... he refused to get on!

A couple of hours later... 4 AM caught up with him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so wonderful that he has these opprotunities, and that you accomodate his fears about the bus as well. You go MOM!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

What a fun field trip! Luke looks awfully proud of his pumpkin!

sherrie said...

I MISS ALL THE FIRSTS THEY HAD, ENJOY EVERY MINUTE, THEY GROW UP SO FAST: TAKE CARE SHELLY, JON & FAMILY

Crystal M. said...

AAWW Poor Luke!! I looked so cold out, I hate this weather I want to go back to Florida...LOL!
But you got some wonderful pictures and what a great field trip.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva