Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my blog, a special place where my mommy and daddy can share me with you. Mommy made this site so she could write about me, show off lots of pictures of me, and tell you all about the things I'm doing. She sure does love me a lot. We hope you won't forget to leave a comment when you visit. Mommy loves to know you were here. Thanks for visiting.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

First Day of Preschool

Yesterday was Luke official first day of preschool. We decided to start in the summer because there are less kids, which means less comotion and it's not as overwhelming for Luke. He goes this week and another week in July and then he'll be done until the fall. It's been a good learning experience the last couple of days, trying to figure out the best way to set things up for Luke for when he goes to school in the fall. He's done pretty well so far and made it through the entire morning both days. Today he painted a picture of a beach ball (with lots of help from his teacher) and he was pretty proud of it when it was done. He kept picking it up and looking at the picture and smiling. It was pretty cute. Hopefully his attention will improve as he gets used to the new environment and all the kids. I did manage to get a few pictures of Luke's first day of school, which was kind of hard, so they aren't great.

Grandma helping Luke take off his jacket in the coat room.


"Okay, now what?"


"Check out my really cute preschool t-shirt."


"This must be the way outta here."


"This window looks like a good way out too."

"What's your name?"

"Maybe it is fun here."

To those who are Luke's faithful blog followers, I apologize for not updating in so long. It's been so busy, but I promise I'll try to do better!!

4 comments:

Life is Great said...

Congratulations on the milestone Luke!! Lucas starts his preschool in a few months, along with his big brother so we are a bit nervious and hopefull at the same time.

Crystal M. said...

1st I LOVE his shirt, great job Luke on doing so well in school. I hope it continues to go well in the fall.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Candi said...

Luke is getting so big! What an event - his first day of school! It is good to hear that Luke is settling in well. I wish we had the summer school option - that sounds like a great idea.

Ps. Where do you get Luke's trach chains? The ones I have found are either coated (which rubs off) or they rust. I made a few beaded chains, but I really like plain chain as well. Either is so much easier to keep clean than the ties.

Take care!

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Congratulations, Luke! It looks like you really enjoyed yourself on your first day of school. I love your shirt! :-)

It's so fun to see all of the CHARGE kids starting preschool this year.