Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to my blog, a special place where my mommy and daddy can share me with you. Mommy made this site so she could write about me, show off lots of pictures of me, and tell you all about the things I'm doing. She sure does love me a lot. We hope you won't forget to leave a comment when you visit. Mommy loves to know you were here. Thanks for visiting.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

"Let's Go For a Ride!"

Well, we have learned this week that consistency does pay off with Luke. Anyone who follows Luke's updates knows that Luke is not particularly fond of leaving the house and he especially does not like car rides. He has some OK days when venturing out, but for the most part, he hates it! So we (Grandma Shari & I) decided that if we're ever gonna see improvement, we need to take him for a ride in the car everyday. Not just once or twice a week, but EVERYDAY. So, we did just that this week. The first day, as expected was pretty traumatic, but surprisingly he was all-smiles by day 3. And he has enjoyed all his car rides since. OK, I do realize that Luke can be unpredictable and that next week things can change, but I'm really hoping that this is the start of some happier trips for Luke!

I wish I had a picture of one of his "traumatic" car rides to show with these "happy" car ride pictures so you could see the difference.




We paid a visit to Great Grandma Rose in the nursing home during one of our happy trips.

Luke was a little sqirmy on Grandma's lap so he sat in the chair beside her like a big boy.


"Come on Grandma, lets go!"



Is this one precious or what? I see a future scrapbook page made with this picture.

3 comments:

Life is Great said...

Wow, he looks so much like a little man in those pictures, congrats on the car ride success!!

Crystal M. said...

Very cute Luke and that last picture needs to be framed!!
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

amy and mighty max said...

YAY! YAY! YAY!
YAY! YAY! YAY!
YAY! YAY! YAY!
YAY! YAY! YAY!
YAY! YAY! YAY!

So excited for Luke and his fun car rides! Good idea and kudos to you for your dedication helping him overcome his aversion. Hopefully this makes life a tad easier!

He is looking so big, strong, handsome and healthy...what a SMILE!

Love, Amy and Mighty Max